High Performance, Specialized Polyurethane Mold Release Agents
Miller-Stephenson offers the most technologically advanced polyurethane molding release agents solutions, back by over 40 years of research, development and technical expertise. Our mold release agents are relied upon by global industries to ensure efficient, cost effective, and high quality release of their molded parts. Large and small manufacturers can expect higher productivity and profitability through reduced downtime, increased acceptance rates and improved part quality when switching to Miller-Stephenson’s ReleaSys semi-permanent line. We offer both water and solvent formulations that are 100% non-flammable, low odor, and low VOC. Miller-Stephenson’s specialized Polyurethane mold release agents offer customer the following benefits:
- Superior part release: Our ReleaSys product is formulated to maximize releases per applications and optimize part quality. This means reduced down time and fewer defects, regardless of the polyurethane molding operation.
- Minimal Transfer: Our customized polyurethane mold release agents are designed to crosslink forming a robust, durable film on the mold surface which results in minimal transfer to our part. This means any secondary operations, such as painting or gluing are not effected, reducing the need for time-wasting clean-up.
- Lower defect rates: Miller-Stephenson’s formulations are perfectly balanced, provide optimal surface slip, durability, and minimal build-up. Molded parts are therefore manufactured more consistently and with high efficiency
- Higher quality parts: Miller-Stephenson has developed specialized formulation to exceed all urethane molding requirements. This results in a product line lower build-up on tooling and less sticky, greasy residues making for higher quality parts and lower rejection rates.
- Less downtime / Higher efficiency: ReleaSys was designed to maximize releases per applications and minimize mold fouling, which ultimately leads to less time spend applying mold release agents and less time cleaning up the residue lesser release agents leave behind.
- Water-based, no/low VOC emissions, cleaner safer working environments: In regions that have strict VOC regulations and air quality permitting, or if your company require products that are safer and have no odor, Miller-Stephenson has developed a portfolio of products that are water-based, low VOC or VOC-free. Not only do these products provide you with a solution to lowering your VOC output, they also provide optimal performance just like the solvent-based products you’re used to.
- Optimized surface finish: ReleaSys Polyurethane mold release agents are formulated to provide a variety of surface finishes. From high gloss, matte, or 100% dry we have a specialized formulations to meet your needs. Our solutions can meet your surface finish specifications without the greasy and oily residues left behind by other mold release agents.
Application Guide for Polyurethane Mold Release Agents :
Rigid Polyurethane (PU) Foam
- Automotive and Recreational seating
- Guards and Cushioning equipment
- Sporting and Safety equipment (helment, shoulder pads)
Open Cell Polyurethane (PU) Foam
- Pillows and Mattresses
Thermoplastic Resins / Coatings
- Bowling pins
- Golf carts
- Automotive Dashboards
|ReleaSys 8800||Water-based||Matte||Highest Slip|
|Rapid Cure (1-2 min)|
|ReleaSys 8500||Water-based||Matte||Medium Slip|
|ReleaSys 8900||Solvent-based||Matte – Satin||High Slip|
|Fast Dry and Cure|
Technical or Application Support:
- For any questions about proper application of our mold release products please view our article which discusses this process
- If you require any further technical or application support please contact our technical staff
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.