High Performance, Specialized Polyurethane Mold Release Agents
Miller-Stephenson offers the most advanced polyurethane molding release agents solutions, back by over 40 years of research, development and expertise. Our mold release agents are relied upon by global industries to ensure efficient, cost effective, and high quality release of their molded parts. Large and small manufacturers can expect higher productivity and profitability through reduced downtime, increased acceptance rates and improved part quality. We offer both water and solvent formulations that offer increased worker safety, cleaner molds, cost efficient, and ease of use.
Benefits of Polyurethane Mold Release Agents:
- Superior part release
- Minimal or Zero Transfer
- Lower defect rates
- Higher quality parts
- Less downtime / Higher efficiency
- Water-based, no/low VOC emissions, cleaner safer working environments
- Optimized surface finish
Utilization of Miller-Stephenson exclusive crosslinking polymer chemistry, our ReleaSys™ and ShieldSys™ coatings delivery unparalleled properties that polyurethane molders look for: Superior release ease, cleaner molds, reduced build up, reliable surface quality, and high cost effectiveness. Customers which switch to our high performance coating systems typically see reductions in mold release thanks to our highly efficient, thin film coatings that deliver improve release while utilizing less material. Of particular importance is our focus on reduction of build up associated with polyurethane operations. ReleaSys polyurethane release agent systems are designed to tackle this issue by delivering improved release performance in thinner release agent coatings. Thinner, durable release coatings reduces build-up and greatly extends up time. The results? – high quality parts, more parts made per shift, and less downtime – a potent combination.
Application Guide for Polyurethane Mold Release Agents:
Rigid Polyurethane (PU) Foam
- Automotive and Recreational seating
- Guards and Cushioning equipment
- Sporting and Safety equipment (helmet, shoulder pads)
Open Cell Polyurethane (PU) Foam
- Pillows and Mattresses
Thermoplastic Resins / Coatings
- Bowling pins
- Golf carts
- Automotive Dashboards
Selection Guide – Polyurethane Mold Release Agents:
|ReleaSys™ 7200W||Water-based||Matte||Highest Slip|
|Rapid Cure (1-2 min)|
|ReleaSys™ 7400||Water-based||Matte||Medium Slip|
|ReleaSys™ 8000||Solvent-based||Satin – Gloss||High Slip|
|Fast Dry and Cure|
Specialty Polyurethane Mold Release Agents
- ShieldSys™ MX120 – Ultra high performance anti stick / mold sealer coating designed to dramatically improve release efficiency, mold cleanliness, and substantially reduce build up issues. Pairs extremely well with ReleaSys polyurethane mold release agents. Requires a heat cure to fully crosslink and bond to mold surfaces.
- ReleaSys™ MOLD SEALER – Alternative to ShieldSys MX120, potent anti stick and anti fouling properties. Room temperature. Ideal for lower temperature molds.
- ReleaSys™ 7200 – High performance wax hybrid release system, superior application and release ease. Provides a defect free, paintable surface. 100% silicone, fluoropolymer, and oil free.
- ReleaSys™ 7200W – Next Generation water-based release system designed specifically for highly sensitive polyurethane formulations. 100% silicone, fluoropolymer, and oil free. Provides a defect free, paintable surface.
- ReleaSys™ 89S – Ultra high performance aerosol release agent, superior release of polyurethane formulations, safe on all sensitive formulations. Multiple releases per application.
50+ years of Industry Expertise at your service
Miller-Stephenson has had a long history in numerous molding industries, and our ReleaSys™ brand of products are respected around the world for quality and reliability. When you purchase Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys mold release agents you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you optimize your mold preparation, maintenance and release processes to improve your bottom line.
Technical or Application Support:
- For any questions about proper application of our mold release products please view our article which discuss this process
- If you require any further technical or application support please contact our tech staff
- ReleaSys and ShieldSys Product Selection Guide
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.