Krytox™ GPL 200-207 greases are white buttery greases with all of the same properties as the Krytox GPL 100–107 oils that they are made from, but they are in grease form.
GPL 203, 205, and 206 are NSF H-1 Rated for Incidental Food Contact.
Krytox oils and greases are the product of choice in extreme temperature conditions. Most petroleum products begin to degrade above 99 °C (210 °F) and are too viscous at temperatures just below –18 °C (0 °F). Under the D-3336 test conditions of 177 °C (350 °F) and 10,000 rpm, the majority of competing hydrocarbon lubricants fail in less than 1,000 hr. But, the general purpose line of Krytox lubricants has been shown to last over 5,000 hr without failure, even at an increased temperature of 200 °C (392 °F). This extreme condition performance is what distinguishes Krytox performance lubricants from other competing products.
A comparison sheet between the grades can be found under any of the tabs below.
Krytox GPL 205 grade 0 is a high performance grease that is extensively utilized to lubricate mechanical keyboard switches, controller components and joysticks. Due to the viscosity of the grease, GPL 205 is recommended for linear-switches and Topre. This grease has been utilized extensively within the mechanical keyboard industry due to its ability to make a new keyboard feel "broken in", non-migrating properties and ease of application over other oils and greases. Benefits include:
- Increase Tactile feel and Responsiveness
- Makes a new mechanical keyboard feel “broken-in” and elongates the life of the switches
- Highly stable and non-migrating grease for linear-switch or Topre
- Elimination of “scratching” sound and other undesirable acoustic properties
- Elimination of any undesirable tactile properties such as spring jitter
- Easy to apply and significantly reduces wear