MS-122SEL Low Global Warming mold release agent (LGW) formulation that has high performance, high solvency mold release agent utilizing PTFE fluoropolymers (polytetrafluoroethylene) specifically designed for unsurpassed adhesion to mold surfaces and extended durability. The proprietary solvent blend ensures that proper wetting, leveling, and surface preparation occurs when applied yielding a durable, uniform thin-film. MS-122SEL offers the following benefits:
- Superior adhesion to mold surfaces
- High Solvency/Rapid Evaporating Carrier Fluid
- Ideal for compression/injection molding
- Nonflammable; Non-ozone depleting formulation
- Non-migrating; Non-staining
MS-122SEL can be used to release the following materials:
Recommended Application Procedure:
- Clean mold surface thoroughly. Mechanical cleaning such as, bead media blasting or steel wool, followed by chemical cleaning, provides the best surface for application of 122SEL. Removal of all previous mold release agent is critical.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute. Hold can approximately 6-8 inches away from a nonheated mold surface, and apply a light coat of release agent. NOTE: Material will apply wet and transparent, but will dry to a fine-white coat.
- Allow solvent to dry completely before molding any parts. This will ensure the most effective coating for durability and cycle life.
Miller-Stephenson has been developing PTFE release agents for over 40 years. We have been at the forefront of development of low global warming mold release agents, typically exceeding or current and future regulatory requirements. This class of release agent yields a uniform, dry film on the mold surface while also offering superior surface adhesion and durability. PTFE mold release agents typically can last numerous molding cycles before re-application is necessary, and is ideal for compression and transfer molding operations. One drawback is its relatively poor performance in injection molding, which requires surface slip that PTFE dry films cannot achieve. PTFE release agents are particular effective in potting and casting molding operations, specifically with electronic potting and casting as PTFE’s chemical inertness and low-transfer will not interfere with the sensitive electronics.
Production engineers will typically choose PTFE release agent if they are looking for a non-silicone, chemical inert, and non-transferable release agent that is applicable across a broad range of substrates. PTFE, on a release per application basis is significantly more efficient and cost-effective than sacrificial or PVA alternatives. Miller-Stephenson’s MS-122AVL and MS-122SEL Low Global Warming Mold Release Agent is a formulations which increases the durability and cost-effectiveness even further by addition of proprietary surface activation chemistry.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.