Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant Grease
Superior Performance, Unmatched Chemical and Corrosion Resistance, Direct replacement for Teflon™ Tape
Krytox TS4 Grease (TS4) is unlike PTFE tape, which should be removed before re-application. Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant can be re-applied over the existing Krytox thread sealant. Clings to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly and cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves, or instruments like tape solids. Krytox™ TS4 is non-reactive, non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive, and compatible with the most seal, O-ring, and valve polymers. No VOC content or hydrocarbon in the product; safe for oxygen use with no auto-ignition temperatures. Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days.* Safe for use: The Chlorine Institute (Pamphlet 164) rates Krytox lubricants a “1”. Lubricates threads, preventing costly thread damage from galling and seizing during assembly. Allows low breakaway torque for easy-to-break connections.
Benefits of TS4 Grease:
- Unlike PTFE Teflon tape, Krytox TS4 can be re-applied over the existing Krytox thread sealant without issue.
- Clings to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly.
- Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves, or instruments like tape solids.
- Non-reactive, non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive, and compatible with most seal, O-ring, and valve polymers.
- No VOC content or hydrocarbon in the product; safe for oxygen use with no auto-ignition temperatures.
- Cost-effective—only a small amount of sealant needed per application.
- Fast and easy to apply, even while wearing protective gloves.
- Operating temperature range of –54–149 ºC (–65–300 ºF).
- Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days.*
Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant Grease – Provides Superior Sealing for all Threaded Pipes
Krytox TS4 was designed from its inception to have higher performance and be safer and easier to use than standard Teflon Tape. Utilizing over 60 years of thread sealant experience, our new TS4 was developed to perform where other sealants fail. Higher pressure, corrosive environments are the ideal application of our TS4 sealant. Traditionally, PTFE (Teflon™) tape is used to seal valves, actuators, pipe fittings, and fasteners. Krytox™ TS4 PFPE sealant provides the highest securing performance for water, air, steam, natural gas, reactive gases, and liquids without the drawbacks of tapes. PTFE tapes can result in costly thread damage during assembly due to galling and seizure. Krytox™ TS4 provides for low breakaway torque for easy-to-break connections. Additionally, TS4 is a cost-effective solution when compared to like chemistries and products, such as Halocarbon Grease, Fluorolube Grease, Lox-8 Paste, or PTFE tape as only a minor amount is needed per application.
Krytox™ is a trademark of The Chemours Company FC, LLC.
As seen in the video below Krytox TS4 performs in the most extreme environments and offers superior performance.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.