Miller-Stephensons EpoxSys™ 1200 series for Marine Epoxy Applications
Miller-Stephenson’s line of marine grade epoxies has a range of characteristics that make them ideal for marine applications. Their ability to bond with wood, fiberglass, metals and composite fabrics makes them extremely versatile with properties such as moisture resistance, durability, and high strength. These products may be used for applications such as bonding, laminating, fairing, reinforcing, and coating. Some of the benefits of EpoxSys™ 1200 series marine epoxy include:
- Excellent thin film properties provide smooth flow and self-leveling for coating or laminating.
- Easy to mix by volume
- Easy to apply with a spreader, syringe, roller, or brush, and may also be poured straight onto wood, cloth, metals, and some plastics.
- Strong fairing and filleting adhesive
- May be used with a fast or slow-curing hardener.
Epoxy Grade Resins in Boat Repair
With frequent use, or simply storage in a marina, boats often get damaged or degrade over time. Ocean and water environments provide challenges for wooden vessels which our epoxies can help prevent. Proper use of our marine epoxies can not only increase the lifespan of your boat but also prevent future problems and expenditures.
Marine Epoxy vs. Polyester Resin
While many boats and watercraft are built with polyester resin, there are many advantages of marine epoxy over polyester. Marine epoxy is superior for applications such as hull and decking, as it provides a stronger bonding material with greater impact, corrosion, and moisture resistance. Polyester resin also shrinks during the curing process, which can possibly cause weak points in the substrate material. Our 2 part marine epoxy has minimal shrinkage and superior durability and strength.
Characteristics of Miller-Stephenson Marine Epoxy
- Curing and Bonding – while not designed for a clear coat finish, our marine epoxies cure to an incredibly strong, corrosion/water resistant plastic that will bond to woods, metals fiberglass, and other composite materials.
- Viscosity – Our specialized formula is self leveling and thin film, intended for use in laminating, coating, and reinforcing boat parts, or wetting out fiberglass or other composite material cloths.
- Finish – Once cured, our resin dries to an appealing amber solid state that can be sanded, painted, and shaped to its finished form.
- Multiple hardening options – fast hardeners for use with quick applications in cool temperatures, and slow hardeners requiring more working time and warmer temperatures.
Miller-Stephenson is here to help with your epoxy application needs.
The EpoxSys 1200 Series for Marine Epoxy applications, is one of the many epoxy resin systems offered through the EpoxSys line of epoxy products. Epoxsys products offer a variety of solutions to match a wide range of production and processing needs, so you’ll be sure to find the results you need for a successful result. Contact our sales team today, who will work with you to recommend the right product solution for your application needs. Available through phone, chat, or email your inquiry with the form below.