Miller-Stephensons EpoxSys™ 200 Series for Epoxy Coating Applications
Coating Epoxies can be used in a wide range of applications to seal surfaces and provide a smooth, durable, and protective finish. Miller-Stephenson provides coatings suitable for:
And many more. These products turn rough or uneven forms into the level, strong and smooth finished surfaces, enhancing both the lifespan of the surface and its overall
Benefits of EpoxSys™ 200 series Epoxy Coating
Our line of high-grade coating epoxies provides numerous advantages applicable to many different industries. These coatings are odorless, primerless, 100% solids and thixotropic, and are carefully formulated to produce a hard durable coating without using damaging or dangerous solvents. Our coatings provide an extended life span for forms and surfaces while also resulting in high-quality casts that may be used in numerous architectural applications.
Benefits of Miller-Stephenson Epoxy Coating include:
● Low curing heat
● The ability to drill and cut without cracking or damaging
● Tough, non brittle surfaces
● No distortion of mold shape
● Single coat application
● VOC and solvent-free
● Sealing for hotwire cut foam patterns
● Elimination of the use of fiberglass cloth
How to extend the life of EpoxSys™ 200
Our 200 series coatings are designed for a long lifespan, yet there are steps that can be taken to increase the longevity and provide reliable adhesion, such as:
- Before application, clean the substrate
- The cleaning of foreign or loose materials from the substrate is crucial to achieving optimal coating adhesion. The presence of grease, oils, or any form of contaminants will prevent or worsen adhesion.
- Prevent exposure to extreme temperatures
- Avoid extreme temperatures to guarantee the longevity of your epoxy coating. These coatings soften when precast temperatures are too high.
- Proper storage
- To ensure the best performance of your epoxy coating, store them at room temperature and do not expose them to temperatures below freezing. Under these conditions, your coatings will perform the best.
- Provide proper temperature and humidity
- Before application, determine the relative humidity and dew points to prevent complications with adhesion. The substrate temperature at which air starts to condense is determined by the dew point. Only apply a coating if the surface temperature is 5* above the dew point. The temperature difference must be maintained until a tack-free state is achieved.
The application process and steps to apply of EpoxSys 200 Epoxy Coating
1. Prepare the surface
a. Fill any cracks or holes in the surface and sand smooth before application. After sanding, clean the form and ensure it is free from dust, oil, or other contaminants.
a. Pre-mix the measured amount of part A for 15-20 seconds, conditioning the product. Once the pre-mix is complete, measure the amount of part B and mix it with part A for three minutes. To ensure proper mixing, perform it at a speed where a slight vortex is created with the paddle. To avoid introducing air bubbles to the mixture, always keep the mixing paddle below the surface of the material.
3. Apply Coating
a. To ensure even spreading, pour out the mixture in 4-inch ribbons using aluminum notched rollers. Only roll the mixture enough to remove it from the roller to ensure the coating is not over-mixed. Repeat this process over the entire form until it is fully coated and complete.
Miller-Stephenson is here to help with your epoxy application needs.
The EpoxSys 200 Series for Epoxy Coating applications, is one of the many epoxy resin systems offered through the EpoxSys line of epoxy products. Epoxsys products offer a variety of solutions to match a wide range of production and processing needs, so you’ll be sure to find the results you need for a successful result. Contact our sales team today, who will work with you to recommend the right product solution for your application needs. Available through phone, chat, or email your inquiry with the form below.