Mold Release Agent for Polyurethane Molding
Next-Generation Polyurethane Mold Release Agent – ReleaSys™ Mold Release Systems
Miller-Stephenson offers the most advanced polyurethane molding release agents solutions, back by over 40 years of research, development and technical expertise. Unlike competitor release systems, crosslinking mold release agent develop a durable, thin film on mold surfaces. The durable coating is able to perform many molding cycles before sticking occurs. ReleaSus is designed to provide the highest release ease and consistency without build up or surface defects. Large and small manufacturers can expect higher productivity, reduced downtime, increased acceptance rates and improved part quality when switching to Miller-Stephenson’s ReleaSys™ Mold release systems.
Benefits of Polyurethane Mold Release Agents
- Superior part release: The ReleaSys™ product line is formulated to maximize releases per applications and part quality. This means reduced down time and fewer defects, regardless of the polyurethane molding operation.
- Non Reactive Coatings: Advanced mold release agents rapidly form durable, inert films on the mold surface providing a low energy releasing barrier for your sensitive urethane formulations. ReleaSys mold release agents are guaranteed to not interact with your PU formulation, maintaining ideally surface quality and desired finish properties.
- Higher efficiency: ReleaSys™ was designed to maximize releases per applications and minimize mold fouling
- Water based, VOC free, cleaner safer working environments: Miller-Stephenson has developed a series of products that are water based and VOC-free. Not only do these products provide you with a solution to lowering your VOC output, they also provide optimal performance just like the solvent based products you’re used to.
- Optimized surface finish: ReleaSys™ Polyurethane mold release agents are formulated to provide a variety of surface finishes. From high gloss, semi gloss, or matte,
- Minimal Transfer: Polyurethane mold release agents are designed to crosslink forming a robust, durable film on the mold surface. The result is minimal or zero transfer to the mold part, secondary operations, such as painting or gluing are not effected.
- Higher quality parts: Polyurethane mold release agent coatings that offers lower build up on tooling and less residues making for higher quality parts and lower rejection rates.
- Hot or Cold Molding: Regardless of your molding temperatures, ReleaSys formulations provide exception release ease and fast dry times even on chilled molds. There is no need to worry about quenching the urethane reaction when utilizing ReleaSys™
Mold Release Agent for Polyurethane Molding – ReleaSys™ – Your solution to common molding issues.
The number one concern for all molders is material contamination by the releasing agent. When developing our next generation release agent chemistry, we made this characteristic our focus. Our ReleaSys release coatings bond to the mold or tooling surface for superior, contamination free release characteristics without transfer. These coatings are 100% chemically inert once cured and will not effect even the most sensitive polyurethane process. This chemistry eliminated Pin-holing and knit lines in our customer testing while simultaneously reducing application frequency – a potent combination for plastic and polyurethane molders. Product like our ReleaSys 8900, ReleaSys 7400 or ReleaSys 7200 are ideal selections when looking to upgrade your release systems.
Polyurethane Mold Release Agent Applications
- Sensitive Polyurethane Foams or Transfer issues – ReleaSys 7200W, ReleaSys 7400, ReleaSys 8000
- High Tacky, Difficult TPU or urethanes – ReleaSys 8800 or ReleaSys 8000
- Excessive Mold Release Transfer or Greasy Parts – ReleaSys 7200W, ReleaSys 7400
- Ease of application, Cost-Effective – ReleaSys 7505N. ReleaSys 7200
Miller-Stephenson Options Available
- Concentrated or Ready-to-use
- Water-based or Solvent-based
- Semi-Permanent or Repeated Application
- Aerosol Formulations or Bulk
- Custom-made formulations
- Products available in Quart, Gallon, 5 gallon, 55 gallon, and 275 gallon totes
ReleaSys™ Polyurethane Release Agent Solutions : Cost-Effective, Efficient – A potent combination
Our customers have found numerous benefits when they have transitioned to our ReleaSys mold release systems: Benefits include
- Superior part release
- Extended application intervals
- Minimized build up
- Cleaner molds
- Excellent surface cosmetics
- Less downtime between molds
- Minimized or Zero VOC
- Various Gloss Levels
50+ years of Molding Expertise at your service
Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys™ polyurethane mold release agents are known around the world as high quality, user friendly and safe. When you utilize Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys mold release agents you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you improve your mold preparation, maintenance and release process to improve your bottom line.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.