Mold Release Agent for Polyurethane Molding
Miller-Stephenson Next-Generation Chemistry – ReleaSys™ Mold Release Systems
Miller-Stephenson offers the most technologically advanced polyurethane molding release agents solutions, back by over 40 years of research, development and technical expertise. Our R&D department has worked tirelessly to develop the most robust and cost-effective mold release systems for manufacturers utilizing all forms of polyurethane polymer: rigid, semi-rigid, flexible, self-skinning & integral skin, polyurethane adhesives and elastomers, and crumb rubber applications. Our breakthrough chemistry is designed to provide the highest release ease, consistency, and throughput without causing troublesome build-up or surface defects. Unlike competitor release systems, Miller-Stephenson utilizes proprietary, crosslinking polymers to develop a durable, thin film on mold surfaces allowing for numerous molding cycles to be completed before re-application is necessary. Large and small manufacturers can expect higher productivity and profitability through reduced downtime, increased acceptance rates and improved part quality when switching to Miller-Stephenson’s ReleaSys™ Mold release systems. Our specialized polyurethane mold release agents offer customers the following benefits:
- Superior part release: Our ReleaSys™ product is formulated to maximize releases per applications and optimize part quality. This means reduced down time and fewer defects, regardless of the polyurethane molding operation.
- Non-Reactive Coatings: Miller-Stephenson’s coatings contain advanced polymers which rapidly form durable, inert films on the mold surface providing a perfect, low-energy releasing barrier for your sensitive urethane formulations. Our products are guaranteed to not interact with your PU formulation, maintaining ideally surface quality and desired finish properties.
- Higher efficiency: ReleaSys™ was designed to maximize releases per applications and minimize mold fouling, which ultimately leads to less time spend applying mold release agents and less time cleaning up the residue lesser release agents leave behind.
- Water-based, no VOC emissions, cleaner safer working environments: In regions that have strict VOC regulations and air quality permitting, or if your company require products that are safer and have no odor, Miller-Stephenson has developed a portfolio of products that are water-based and VOC-free. Not only do these products provide you with a solution to lowering your VOC output, they also provide optimal performance just like the solvent-based products you’re used to.
- Optimized surface finish: ReleaSys™ Polyurethane mold release agents are formulated to provide a variety of surface finishes. From high gloss, semi-gloss, or matte, we have a specialized formulations to meet your needs. Our solutions can meet your surface finish specifications without the greasy and oily residues left behind by other mold release agents.
- Minimal Transfer: Our customized polyurethane mold release agents are designed to crosslink forming a robust, durable film on the mold surface which results in minimal transfer to our part. This means any secondary operations, such as painting or gluing are not effected, reducing the need for time-wasting clean-up.
- Higher quality parts: Miller-Stephenson has developed specialized formulation to exceed all urethane molding requirements. Our formulations are perfectly balanced which results in a product line that offers lower build-up on tooling and less sticky, greasy residues making for higher quality parts and lower rejection rates.
- Hot or Cold Molding: Regardless of your molding temperatures, we have optimized formulations for both heated and unheated molding process. Our rapid cure formulations provide exception release ease and fast dry times even on chilled molds. There is no need to worry about quenching the urethane reaction when utilizing ReleaSys™
Mold Release Agent for Polyurethane Molding – ReleaSys™ – Your solution to common molding issues.
The number one concern for all molders is material contamination by the releasing agent. When developing our next-generation release agent chemistry, we made this characteristic our focus. Our ReleaSys release coatings bond tenaciously to the mold or tooling surface for superior, contamination-free release characteristics without transfer. These coatings are 100% chemically inert once cured and will effect even the most sensitive polyurethane process. Utilization of this sophisticated chemistry eliminated Pin-holing and knit-lines in our customer testing while simultaneously reducing application frequency – a potent combination for plastic and polyurethane molders.
Miller-Stephenson Options Available
- Concentrated or Ready-to-use
- Water-based or Solvent-based
- Semi-Permanent or Repeated Application
- Aerosol Formulations or Bulk
- Custom-made formulations
ReleaSys™ – Next Generation Release Chemistry, Cost-Effective, Efficient – A potent combination
Our customers have found numerous benefits when they have transitioned to our ReleaSys mold release systems: Benefits include
- Superior part release
- Extended reapplication intervals
- Minimized build up
- Cleaner molds
- Excellent surface cosmetics
- Less downtime between molds
- Minimized VOC emissions
- Various Gloss Levels
Superior Release Coatings & Unmatched Customer Service
For any assistance with proper application, storage, or general technical assistance please see the links below or call our technical service line. Miller-Stephenson has a team of molding release experts ready to help you. Our pedigree in the molding industry and relationship with molding operations, both large and small, provide our technical team with a dynamic perspectives and ‘real-world’ practicality. Our staff hold the skills and experience needed to make sure your molding operation is cost-effective, efficient, and most importantly, safe.
50+ years of Industry Expertise at your service
Miller-Stephenson has had a long history in numerous molding industries, and our ReleaSys™ brand of products are respected around the world for quality and reliability. When you purchase Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys Semi-Permanent mold release agents you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you optimize your mold preparation, maintenance and release processes to improve your bottom line.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.