Mold Release Agent for Rubber Molding
ReleaSys™ Superior Performance, Next-Generation Chemistry, Cost-Effective – a potent combination.
Miller-Stephenson has been intimately involved in rubber and elastomer mold release industry for more than 40 years. Thanks to our extensive pedigree in this industrial and years of on-site technical assistance, our staff are acutely aware of the performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness molders expect from their release agent. Putting this vast experience to use, our R&D team worked tirelessly to develop a truly revolutionary release system utilizing next-generation polymer chemistry. The result? A highly specialized product line optimized exclusively for the rubber and elastomer industry. Our products utilize proprietary, state-of-art chemistry to deliver higher release ease, superior rubber flow, elimination of pin-holes, and extend re-application intervals. Durability and abrasion resistance is dramatically increased as well, without any mold build-up or oily residue. Our unique chemistry is used across the globe to make O-rings, airplane door seals, gaskets, floor mats, nitrile seals, etc. Regardless of the mold configuration, substrate, or temperatures Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys Mold Release Systems deliver the highest performance, cost-effectiveness, and release ease available. Benefits include:
- Superior part release: Our ReleaSys™ product is formulated to maximize releases per applications and optimize part quality. This means reduced down time and fewer defects, regardless of the rubber/ elastomer molding operation.
- Higher efficiency: ReleaSys™ was designed to maximize releases per applications and minimize mold fouling, which ultimately leads to less time spend applying mold release agents and less time cleaning up the residue lesser release agents leave behind.
- Non-Reactive Coatings: Miller-Stephenson’s coatings contain advanced polymers which rapidly form durable, inert films on the mold surface providing a perfect, low-energy releasing barrier for your sensitive urethane formulations. Our products are guaranteed to not interact with your PU formulation, maintaining ideally surface quality and desired finish properties.
- Water-based, no VOC emissions, cleaner safer working environments: In regions that have strict VOC regulations and air quality permitting, or if your company require products that are safer and have no odor, Miller-Stephenson has developed a portfolio of products that are water-based and VOC-free. Not only do these products provide you with a solution to lowering your VOC output, they also provide optimal performance just like the solvent-based products you’re used to.
- Minimal Transfer: Our customized rubber mold release agents are designed to crosslink forming a robust, durable film on the mold surface which results in minimal transfer to our part. This means any secondary operations, such as painting or gluing are not effected, reducing the need for time-wasting clean-up.
- Higher quality parts: Miller-Stephenson has developed specialized formulation to exceed all rubber molding requirements. Our formulations are perfectly balanced which results in a product line that offers lower build-up on tooling and less sticky, greasy residues making for higher quality parts and lower rejection rates.
ReleaSys™ – Unmatched Performance, Superior Chemistry – Effective on all Rubber and Elastomeric Compounds
- EPDM, FKM, Fluoroelastomers
- Silcones and Fluorosilicones
- Nitrile and Buna
- Natural and Synthetic Rubbers
- SBR, Neoprene and peroxide cured rubbers
- ECO and CPE
Miller-Stephenson Options Available
- Concentrated or Ready-to-use
- Water-based or Solvent-based
- Semi-Permanent or Repeated Application
- Aerosol Formulations or Bulk
- Custom-made formulations
Mold Release Agent for Rubber Molding – ReleaSys
Our customers have found numerous benefits when they have transitioned to our ReleaSys mold release systems: Benefits include
- Superior part release
- Extended reapplication intervals
- Minimized build up
- Cleaner molds
- Excellent surface cosmetics
- Less downtime between molds
- Minimized VOC emissions
- Various Gloss Levels
Superior Release Coatings & Unmatched Customer Service
For any assistance with proper application, storage, or general technical assistance please see the links below or call our technical service line. Miller-Stephenson has a team of molding release experts ready to help you. Our pedigree in the molding industry and relationship with molding operations, both large and small, provide our technical team with a dynamic perspectives and ‘real-world’ practicality. Our staff hold the skills and experience needed to make sure your molding operation is cost-effective, efficient, and most importantly, safe.
50+ years of Industry Expertise at your service
Miller-Stephenson has had a long history in numerous molding industries, and our ReleaSys™ brand of products are respected around the world for quality and reliability. When you purchase Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys Semi-Permanent mold release agents you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you optimize your mold preparation, maintenance and release processes to improve your bottom line.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.