Mold Release Agent for Plastic Molding
ReleaSys™ – Increased Throughput, Cleaner Operation, Less Downtime – Superior Chemistry, Superior Results.
Injection molding is frequently used for both thermosetting and thermoplastic materials. The resin materials, additives, and colorants, etc vary widely and combining the frequently start/stops of some process the molding machines can become contaminated with plastic residuals and carbon resulting in rejected parts. Also, the cost of the tooling itself is a major investment, so superior protection is required to protect that investment. Miller-Stephenson’s experience with plastic molding and specifically injection molding has led our team to develop next-generation release chemistry, specifically optimized for the plastic molding industry. Whether you are molding polycarbonate, high-density polyethylene, or polyvinylchloride our ReleaSys™ mold release systems will provide clean, efficient, and cost-effective release throughout the entire production run. Unlike other mold release agents, ReleaSys utilizes advanced polymer chemistry to form a durable release film which binds tenaciously to mold surfaces allowing numerous mold cycles to be completed without reapplication. Moreover because our coating develops an ultra-thin film with no messy transfer, painting, bonding, and adhesion are not compromised while also maintaining perfect surface characteristics due to enhanced resin flow. Miller-Stephenson prides itself at being at the forefront of release chemistry, we offer advanced low odor and low VOC solvent based formulations as well as no VOC waterborne formulations. Our portfolio includes PTFE dry films, semi-permanent, silicone-free, wax-based and customer-driven, customized formulations. Our cutting-edge release agent formulations are a perfect compliment to your ever-evolving plastic molding operation. Benefits of utilizing our ReleaSys™ mold release systems include:
- Superior part release: Our ReleaSys™ product is formulated to maximize releases per applications and optimize part quality. This means reduced down time and fewer defects, regardless of the molding geometry or operation.
- Excellent Resin Flow: Miller-Stephenson’s coatings contain advanced polymers which rapidly form durable, inert films on the mold surface providing a perfect, low-energy coating. This provides a perfect surface to your thermoplastic resin to flow easily into complex mold geometry, delivering perfect mold representation and surface quality.
- Higher efficiency: ReleaSys™ was designed to maximize releases per applications and minimize mold fouling, this ultimately leads to less time spend applying mold release agents and less time cleaning up residues typically seen with lesser release agents.
- Water-based, no VOC emissions, cleaner safer working environments: In regions that have strict VOC regulations and air quality permitting, or if your company require products that are safer and have no odor, Miller-Stephenson has developed a portfolio of products that are water-based and VOC-free. Not only do these products provide you with a solution to lowering your VOC output, they also provide optimal performance just like the solvent-based products you’re used to.
- Optimized surface finish: ReleaSys™ Plastic release agents are formulated to provide a superior surface finish and quality. All of our coatings are designed to provide optimal plastic resin flow, eliminate pinholes and sticking. Our solutions can meet your surface finish specifications without the greasy and oily residues left behind by other mold release agents.
- Minimal Transfer: Our customized plastic mold release agents are designed to crosslink forming a robust, durable film on the mold surface which results in minimal transfer to our part. This means any secondary operations, such as painting or gluing are not effected, reducing the need for time-wasting clean-up.
- Higher quality parts: Miller-Stephenson has developed specialized formulation to exceed you mold requirements. Our formulations are perfectly balanced, resulting in a product line that offers lower build-up on tooling and less sticky, greasy residues making for higher quality parts and lower rejection rates.
- Hot or Cold Molding: Regardless of your molding temperatures, we have optimized formulations for both heated and unheated molding process. Our rapid cure formulations provide exception release ease and fast dry times even on chilled molds.
50+ Plus Years of Experience in the Plastic Industry – at your service.
At Miller-Stephenson, we not only understand the challenges that injection molding creates for thermoplastic processors, we also recognize the diversity of raw materials utilized in the process. Although injection molding is a common term, each thermoplastic processing operation is unique, and addressing the needs of each processor requires an understanding of that processor’s unique needs. Distinctive, robust, formulated products have been developed to serve your requirements and positively affect the efficiency of your process, the quality of your products and your operational costs. Our ReleaSys product has a long, distinct pedigree in the plastic industry where we have identified key aspect to focus on when optimizing our ReleaSys™ product line: high efficiency rates, precise surface quality requirements and high tooling costs are focal points for Miller-Stephenson d’s development of products for the thermoplastic injection molding process.
Miller-Stephenson Options Available
- Concentrated or Ready-to-use
- Water-based or Solvent-based
- Non-Flammable and VOC-free
- Semi-Permanent or Repeated Application
- Aerosol Formulations or Bulk
- Custom-made formulations
Superior Release Coatings & Unmatched Customer Service
For any assistance with proper application, storage, or general technical assistance please see the links below or call our technical service line. Miller-Stephenson has a team of molding release experts ready to help you. Our pedigree in the molding industry and relationship with molding operations, both large and small, provide our technical team with a dynamic perspectives and ‘real-world’ practicality. Our staff hold the skills and experience needed to make sure your molding operation is cost-effective, efficient, and most importantly, safe.
Mold Release Agent for Plastic Molding
Miller-Stephenson has had a long history in numerous molding industries, and our ReleaSys™ brand of products are respected around the world for quality and reliability. When you purchase Miller-Stephenson ReleaSys Semi-Permanent mold release agents you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you optimize your mold preparation, maintenance and release processes to improve your bottom line.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.