Dowsil 1-2577 | Silicone Conformal Coating
One-Part, Abrasion Resistant, and Room Temp. Cure. Meets MIL-SPEC 46058C
Dowsil 1-2577 Conformal Coating is suitable for protective coating for rigid and flexible circuit boards and for PCB system Printed Wiring Board (PWB) applications, particularly those requiring toughness and abrasion resistance. The versatility of Dowsil 1-2577 silicone chemistry expands design freedoms, increases processing options, broadens performance parameters, and introduces unique options for sustainability. Compared specifically to organic-based coatings, silicone solutions offer these valuable benefits:
- Greater Thermal Stability
- Low stress on the PCB
- Simple Application and Cure
Silicones perform reliably at sustained temperatures as low as -45°C and as high as 150°C – a far broader range than organic coatings, which degrade at such extreme temperatures. Many silicones, such as Dowsil 1-2577 can even withstand brief exposure to temperatures up to 250°C. Moreover silicone conformal coatings offer an extraordinarily broad range of durometers an viscosities, as well as extremely low modulus options. That means they deliver better stress relief on delicate board components during thermal cycling. Dowsil™ 1-2577 comes as a medium viscosity product, this means provides increased control over the speed and distance of flow, to prevent their spread into “no go” areas. Higher viscosity silicones also enable thicker coating layers in one pass, and some grades even offer a stable coat on tall vertical surfaces.
Dowsil 1-2577 : Fast, moisture cure – A “Dispense and forget solution”
These coatings cure quickly at room temperature to provide a “dispense and forget” solution that is tack-free, and ready to move down the production line in less than ten minutes, making them the ideal option for high-volume assembly operations. Combined with the coatings high durometer and strong abrasion resistance, you are provided a robust coating that be handled without the worry of impacting the final coating performance only minutes after application. The ideal alternative to brittle organic coatings, silicones in this category offer an optimal combination of stress relief and protection against harsher environmental elements, such as moisture, dust, vibration, and impact.
Benefits of utilizing Dowsil 1-2577 into your PCB production assembly line?
- Insulation: Allowing reduction in conductor spacing
- Eliminate the need for complex, sophisticated enclosures
- Minimal effect on component weight
- Completely protect the assembly against chemical and corrosive attack
- Eliminate potential performance degradation due to environmental hazards
- Minimize environmental stress on a PCB assembly
- Ideal for high vibration or high moisture environments
- Tack-free in less than 10 minutes at room temperature
Dowsil 1-2577 CURED ELECTRICAL PROPERTIES
- Dielectric Strength (volts/mil) 400
- Dielectric Constant @ 105 Hz 2.74
- Dissipation Factor @ 105 Hz <0.0002
- Volume Resistivity (ohm/cm) 5×1013
Dowsil 1-2577 CURED PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- Operating Temperature: -49˚F/-45˚C to 392˚F/200˚C
- UL Flammability Classification 94 V-0
- Tensile Strength (psi) @ 77˚F/25˚C 240
- Elongation (%) @ 77˚F/25˚C 74
- Durometer Hardness, Shore A, Points 80
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion in./in./ ˚C 2.1 x 10-4
- Thermal Conductivity cal/sec/cm2/cm/C 2.9 x 10-4
50+ years of Industry Expertise at your service
Miller-Stephenson has had a long history in numerous electronic industries, and our conformal coating products are respected around the world for quality and reliability. When you purchase Miller-Stephenson PCB coatings you not only get industry leading products, you also gain access to our many years of direct production floor experience. We understand your production issues and can help you optimize your conformal coating choice, maintenance and application processes to improve your bottom line.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.