Vydax NRT 960 | Dry Film Coating
CFC and HCFC – Free; LOX Compatible; High-Temperature Stability
Vydax NRT 960 is a non-flammable, translucent dry film coating that exhibits unique lubrication and anti-stick properties while providing the end-user with a clean, non-oily, nonstaining, a chemically inert coating that functions in continuous in-use temperatures up to 200 °C (392 °F). Vydax NRT 960 is oxygen safe and LOX compatible, as determined per ASTM G86. This tenacious coating provides long-lasting dry film lubrication for extended wear life where smooth repeated movement is essential. Additional product benefits include:
- PTFE DryFilm Coating
- Non-oily, dry lubricant
- Effective coating for moderate to high temperatures
- Designed for use with oxygen systems
- No ODC (ozone-depleting chemicals)
Typical Uses and Applications for Vydax NRT 960 Dry Film coating Include:
- Oxygen service components and repairs, such as valves and seals
- Precision Electrical/Electronics applications
- Vacuum, and aviation equipment, such as switches, connectors, wire assemblies
- Lubrication of plastics and elastomers
- Metal to Metal surfaces
Vydax NRT 960 is designed for use with oxygen systems and also recommended for general purpose use. For systems with reactive gases, please see our Krytox® NRT oils and greases.
Directions for Application
1. Apply Vydax NRT 960 to clean, dry surfaces.Spray at a distance of approximately 6 inches from the surface.
2. Allow 1 to 3 minutes drying time so the product will dry to a smooth, slick finish.
3. An additional light top coating may be needed for difficult areas.
4. For a heavier application, intricate parts, or poorly ventilated environments, allow for longer drying time as necessary to yield a smooth, slick finish.
Handling and Storage
Adequate ventilation must be provided in work areas where Vydax NRT 960 dry film coating is applied. Breathing of mist or vapors should be avoided. Where appropriate, wear charcoal filter mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses, and impervious clothing and boots when mixing, spraying, and performing cleanup. Contact with eyes, skin, and clothing should be avoided. Always wash hands after handling the product. Components are not classified as or are exempted from classification as, volatile organic compounds (VOC) by the US EPA.
Related Article Links
PTFE Dry Film Mold Release Agents
Electrical Connector Lubricant and Sealant – Krytox™ TS4
Mold Release Agent Chemistries: Which is right for you?
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.